[mythtv-users] Something strange with watching (and editing) shows

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Apr 25 22:02:09 UTC 2007

I upgraded to SVN on Monday - right after the fix for the "Recording
cannot commence..." issue was committed.  (Thanks to Daniel and JPP for
getting that going, btw!)  Unfortunately, I can no longer seek past a
point or edit cutlists in shows.  Here's what it takes to reproduce on a
2h20min recording:

Go into Watch Recordings
Play a Show
Jump 10 minutes ahead repeatedly
Seeking hangs at 2 hours, then falls back the "Watch recordings" screen

If I try to edit the show from the beginning, (let's say it's a
commercial-free movie) I can put a cut before the actual start, then
when I try to move forward (in edit mode), the frontend freezes and the
mythfrontend process ramps up its CPU usage...

So I pulled in SVN from today - no change...

I've reproduced this on a combo slave backend/frontend running FC5
(kernel 2.6.20-1.2312.fc5) and a remote frontend running FC6 (kernel
2.6.20-1.2944.fc6)

On the FC6 frontend, I ran "mythfrontend -v all" while attempting to
watch a show and seek forwards 10 mins at a time.  When it hung, I got a
ton of:

2007-04-25 14:58:59.044 AO: Broadcasting free space avail
2007-04-25 14:58:59.048 AO: audio waiting for buffer to fill: have 1216
want 4096

Thoughts?

	-I