[mythtv-users] Sony Bravia, Modlines & Intel chipset!

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 22:00:27 UTC 2007

On 25/04/07, Douglas Wagner <douglasw0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure how much help I can be but lets give a few things a shot.

Chiming in to correct some inaccuracies...

> Using a VGA connector to your TV however may not be your best option.  If
> your graphics card can handle it, I would HIGHLY recommend you go with
> another solution.  Your BEST option would be DVI->HDMI on your TV.  If that
> isn't possible (either your graphics card doesn't have a DVI out or your TV
> doesn't  have an HDMI in) then you want to go with the following:
>
> Composit (Red, Blue, Green Cable)

The red/green/blue video cable is COMPONENT. It can handle 1080i.

> S-Video (Looks somewhat like a PS/2 Connector)

S-VIDEO is normally a black 4-pin video cable. Carries luminance and
chrominance separately, so better than composite video.

> Component Video (Red, White, Yellow Cable)

COMPOSITE is normally a yellow RCA cable (no red or white - this is audio)

> In that order (from Composit and above you can get HD resolution, below
> composit I don't believe HD resolution is possible, someone can correct me
> on that if I'm wrong.)

Analog connections info is:

COMPONENT - Can use with 720p/1080i HD (too bandwidth restricted for 1080p)

S-VIDEO - Not used with HD
COMPOSITE - Not used with HD

Nick
--