[mythtv-users] Parental Pin Problems

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 21:43:43 UTC 2007

Is anyone else having these problems?  Now that the wife is totally on board
here, I'm putting all our kids DVDs on, and I'm very serious about
protecting them from the movies that aren't appropriate for them...

On 2/27/07, Trey Thompson <treythompson[at]gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone else have this behaviour? I had it on my "stable" ATRPMS
> .20 install, as well as my SVN install.
>
> If I set the *Parental* *Pin* for MythVideo to 1234, it works perfectly.
> I just go to Watch Videos, and the ones I want protected aren't there.
> I type 1234, and they appear.
>
> However, if I use 7547 as the *pin*, then as soon as I type 754 they
appear.

> The *PIN* code I want to use is like the 7547 pattern, and acts the same
> as the 75457 code.
>
> Thoughts?

Also, when editing the Videos in Video Manager, typing "1" brings up the
"*Parental* *Pin*" box, and if I type in "1234", nothing happens. But, once
the
box goes away, and I just type "1234", then the videos with a *Parental*level
higher than the default allowed appear fine...

Any thoughts?