[mythtv-users] Looking to set up a new Myth Box.

Shiloh Madsen shiloh.madsen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 20:43:49 UTC 2007

Ok, I dug around in the last few months of posts for a while and I am
having a hard time figuring out if I am sunk before I get started or
not. Basically, I am wanting to set up a PC as a MythTV box, however I
am getting TV via satellite. I gather that piping HD content into the
box is pretty near impossible (though I am not sure I understand why
exactly that is), however, what about your standard run of the mill
TV? I am not going to be watching anything on an HD display for a few
years yet anyway (Poor college student heh) so that is no big deal.
The problem is, someone told me that there are no tv capture/tuner
cards that will work with a satellite box. Is this true or not? If it
is not true, can someone recommend to me some good cards that work
well with MythTV? Thanks in advance.

Shiloh

--
Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the
shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and