[mythtv-users] Crop in Transcode?

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 18:15:53 UTC 2007

Hmm, now I'm wishing I knew the transcode options a bit better, and my
scripting was a bit better.  I'd like to have a User Job for this.

mythtranscode --help isn't detailed, and ...
mythtv at mythtvbox:~$ man mythtranscode
No manual entry for mythtranscode

Is there documentation somewhere?  The Wiki is about the same as
--help, it doesn't even mention --export_asr or --export_prof

I'd really like to set up a User Job where it:

1) stats the file to be sure it's an actual OTA HD 16:9 file
(since "Simpsons" comes off cable and OTA, only want to do the right ones!)

2) if it's OTA HD, transcode it to 3:4 (cropped) NTSC SD
(going from 1920x1080/1280x720 to 720x480 save a TON of space and make
playback easier)

Should be similar to the "Removing Commercials" in the WiKi?