[mythtv-users] ATSC Tuning?

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Wed Apr 25 14:42:20 UTC 2007

Robert Current wrote:
> Is there a way to do this without actually trying to PLAY the live
> video at the same time thought?  I can do capture, but I can't display
> right now, and it flakes out where I can't figure out the difference
> between playback choppiness and noise in signal.

femon from the dvb-apps package displays the signal strength and SNR
while something else (anything) is using the capture card. Actually, the
card does not even have to be capturing, it just needs to be tuned to a
frequency and modulation.

If you want something completely standalone, use azap from the same
package which displays similar info but can also tune and set up pid
filters for "cat" recording.

Bolek