[mythtv-users] BE crash and got a backtrace. Is it any help for diagnosing an issue?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 25 14:21:08 UTC 2007

On 04/25/2007 06:59 AM, David Whyte wrote:
> My BE is running Ubuntu Feisty with the latest official packages.  I
> was using my Xbox FE with Xebian 1.1 and selected a recording to
> watch.  The screen went blank as it does when it starts to load a
> program and before it started playing I hit the 'back' button to
> return to the programs list.  The BE then crashed.  (I must say I very
> very rarely get a crash, especially on the BE).
>
> Anyways, after restarting the BE I took a look in the log and noticed
> that a backtrace was deposited there (must be how the official
> packages are compiled) and wasn't sure whether to log a defect or not.
>
> This is the backtrace:
>
> 2007-04-25 20:43:15.803 adding: mythFE1 as a remote file transfer
> *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/mythbackend: malloc(): memory
> corruption (fast): 0xabd82f3f ***

> Is it of any use to anyone?

For creating a ticket, the backtrace should be a good gdb backtrace from
a debug build of MythTV as described at
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.2 .

The glibc-provided ones leave much to be desired.

However, posting it here to see if others see similar behavior (and/or
have solutions) is not a bad idea.  (I don't have any ideas for you,
though.)

Mike