[mythtv-users] Can't Do HD ATSC Playback

Kevin Slater kevin.slater at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 12:21:07 UTC 2007

I have a much lamer system than you - VIA EPIA SP 13000 (so a 1.3 Ghz
Pentium 3 / 4 ish processor). I have basically the same issue playing back
HD. But here's the goofy thing, if I take that same HD OTA MPEG2 file that I
can't playback using the standard mythtv playback engine and I ask mplayer
or xine to play it back, it works fine. Now both mplayer and xine on my
system are built to leverage the XvMC-VLD playback that the Unichrome driver
for my VIA embedded graphics chipset provides, but I thought that myth did
too. I would like to try to see if it's a modeline / fps playback sync issue
that's tripping up myth's playback, but I just haven't found time to sit
down and do it. Maybe that's something that you should investigate for your
setup.

...Kevin