[mythtv-users] Plextor Deal at Tiger

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Apr 25 04:16:12 UTC 2007

* On Sun Apr 01, 2007 at 08:19:23AM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> Tiger Direct is selling the Plextor PX-M402U for $29.95, "after rebate".

I picked up one of these and as a test already hacked NuppelVideoRecorder
to write out a nuv file with MPEG-2 video from the Plextor.  This is
another step on the way to allowing NVR to write out other file formats.
Now (meaning when I get back to it) I can test NVR writing out MPEG-PS
files both from software transcoding to MPEG-2 and from the Plextor
generating MPEG-2 natively.

--
Chris