[mythtv-users] "Master backend override" doesn't work on slave FEs?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Apr 25 04:08:41 UTC 2007

* On Sun Apr 08, 2007 at 10:08:58PM -0700, David Brodbeck wrote:
> No, the master exports its recording directory via nfs and the slave
> mounts it.
>
> What puzzles me is that the remote frontend can display previews of the
> slave's recordings when the slave is down, but doesn't seem to be able
> to play them.  I get no error message, just a hung frontend with a black
> screen.

Noticed I never replied to this... :(

In 0.20-fixes and prior, the actual player and the preview pixmap player
used different methods of finding the file to play.  This was corrected
with the addition of the Storage Groups code in SVN trunk.

Can you run the frontend with the "-v playback" option and see what file
it tries to play both for the preview player and when you actually try
to play the recording and it fails?  Paste the relevant portions of the
log here and that may give a clue as to what is happening.

--
Chris