[mythtv-users] Recorder failed

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Apr 24 23:15:06 UTC 2007

Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 12:41:41AM -0400, Rich West wrote:
>
>> And the only reason I really upgraded was to stay within the
>> "supported" window for Axel's RPMs (he stated he only supports the
>> two latest FC releases, and if FC7 comes out, he would only support
>> FC5 rpms for a few months.. so it was just a matter of time).
>>

> Actually I'm supporting FC releases as long as possible.
>
> As long as there was the legacy project that tried to prolongue the
> EOL of FC and RHL I could offer packages for these distros, but when
> they go EOL and I support them, I would have to support all the
> security issues that rise in kernel, glibc etc, which would be half a
> dozen full-time jobs.
>
> So, in short, if it goes EOL by the vendor, I can't continue
> supporting it. If the yearly full-upgrade is too much, then I suggest
> to switch the RHEL5/CentOS5/SL5 which get the same support by ATrpms
> only longer ;)

I don't mind the full upgrade, actually. :)

I originally installed with FC5 back in November, which was well after
FC5 came out, and none of the guides had been updated for FC6.  I knew I
would be doing an FC5->FC6 shortly after I got everything working.  Now,
hopefully, I can sit back and relax for the next year or more. :)

And, since it hasn't been said in a while: Thanks SO much for the
awesome RPM site!  Your efforts provide a vast audience with a level of
quality that companies (as a whole!) should be jealous of!

-Rich