[mythtv-users] make hdhomerun tune faster

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Tue Apr 24 20:00:33 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 02:52:43PM -0500, Mitch Gore wrote:
> how do you do this?  it takes about 5-8 secs to tune channels now

How big of a buffer do you have for HD channels?  I can't recall where
the setting is but you can have a pretty large buffer and Myth won't
start playing until that buffer is full.  You can reduce the size of the
buffer and the playback will start much sooner.

You can also go into mythtv-setup and turn on 'Quick Tuning' for each of
the HDHR's inputs.

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18715#18715

'Quick Tuning' is only available in fairly recent SVN as far as I know.

--
seth / @sethdaniel.org
Q:  What's the difference between a Mac and an Etch-a-Sketch?