[mythtv-users] Best use of 2 500G drives in FE/BE system

Tim Phipps mythtv-users at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Apr 24 16:52:32 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 24 April 2007 5:00 pm, Shane Hickey wrote:
> a) create /, /usr, /var, /tmp as Raid1.  Then use the rest of the disk on
> both disks to be put into an LVM volume and use that for /video.  In this
> scenario, if a disk dies my system is still fine, but I'm going to lose
> about half of my recordings

You'll lose all your recordings since the file system will break if one disk
goes down. If you want to live dangerously with your recordings you can use
the storage groups method: make two filesystems, mount them and tell MythTV
to use both. If you don't have a MythTV version that supports storage groups
you can still have two filesystems, use one for MythTV and use the other for
overflow by using symlinks from the MythTV filesystem.

Cheers,
Tim.