[mythtv-users] Xbox frontend questions

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Tue Apr 24 16:24:55 UTC 2007

> 2. I want to be able to play Xbox games, etc., on the Xbox after it's
> running Xebian. I'm assuming this means booting up the console, but will
> this affect anything on backend box at all? I'm guessing 'no' but just
> would like confirmation.

You'll want a modchip that can run more than one bios.

> 3. Finally, does anyone have any experience with what modchip works best
> with Xebian/MythTV? At the moment I don't have the console but want to
> make sure I get a fully featured modchip that will work without having to
> deal with too much command line stuff.

I got a DuoX2 installed on my xbox.  It lets me run with the standard MS
bios if I power it on with the eject button, or a different bios with the
power button.  I have a 'hacked' bios installed that lets me run EvoX
dashboard, which I use to launch Xebian.  My Xbox gets used for 99.999%
Myth and 0.001% gaming - I've only got three games for the xbox, and I've
got other consoles to play on if I want to.

Greg