[mythtv-users] [myth-users] Multiple mythfrontend processes on xbox front-end?

Andy Scott tv at andelscott.co.uk
Tue Apr 24 08:02:17 UTC 2007

In message <mailman.76032.1177378356.25534.mythtv-users at mythtv.org>,
mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org writes
>Message: 1
>On 23-Apr-07, at 3:31 PM, Mike Dent wrote:
>
>> When it boots up and starts mythfrontend, it appears to start twice
>> too, which is odd.
>> The whole things is so sluggish it's unusable too.

Just 'tuned-in' to the thread - same issue here.  In practice this is
easily resolved (although marginally irritating) - just exit
mythfrontend *once* leaving a remaining instance running.  Then
everything works just fine for me.

True there is a slight delay whilst playback starts, but given that
everything is coming down the LAN (and I'll save at 5-10 minutes in 30
from any commercial channel playback ;-) that seems quite acceptable.

If I have one complaint about the XBOX it would be the fan noise - you
really notice it when it shuts down (and the room goes quiet).
Presumably gamers overcome this by running at such a high sound pressure
level that this is well below the noise floor!
--
Andy Scott