[mythtv-users] Cannot watch Live TV, Edgy and Firewire

Bob rgarlin at comcast.net
Tue Apr 24 01:56:45 UTC 2007

Tom,

Thanks for the replay and it was the node/port settings in the mythtv-setup.
When I rebooted the PC the node changed from 1 to 0, I made the changes in
the primer script before I complied it, but forgot to changed the settings
in the mythtv-setup.

Can I ask another question, when you're watching recordings what do you use
for a remote? I've seen instructions for LIRC, but I thought that was if I
was using a Hauppauge TV card and the remote that came with that card.

Then I saw some other instructions on Ubuntu's web site for an external
channel changer, which makes it seem like a could use the Comcast remote
control. I don't use Myth much for LiveTV, but when I watching recorded
shows, it would be nice to pause, fast forward and etc..

Thanks for the help,
Bob