[mythtv-users] Black screen on new frontend during playback

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 01:35:12 UTC 2007

Maybe some more info that can help out:

I just installed mplayer and I _can_ get video to play on that no
problem... so, here's what I know:

1) mythtv will show the preview in the recordings menu
2) mythtv will not show video when played (standard mpeg decoder/ffmpeg)
3) mplayer will show video - I did not use any flags
4) tried several different versions of the nvidia binary driver as
well as some of the ubuntu packages.  All had the same result

So... this is where I throw it back to the brilliant minds of the
mythtv community.  HELP PLEASE! :-D

Thanks!
Matt