[mythtv-users] HD-5500 will not tune NTSC channels.

Thomas Kessler electronikjunkie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 21:27:14 UTC 2007

On 4/22/07, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:

> The post 12618 problem only affects scanning on the ATSC side of things.
>
> When you switch modes it is as if you swapped cards completely. So you
> need a lineup distinct to NTSC channels. Your error message about wrong
> modulation implies to me that you are trying to tune an NTSC channel,
> using an ATSC-channel tuning method (because myth thinks it is dealing
> with an ATSC channel). That fails, of course.
>
> If you HAVE defined 2 lineups, it sounds like your NTSC channel listing
> has the same modulation value as the ATSC....
>
> For NTSC tuning, your card would not (properly) use the dtv_multiplex
> table... which is the one place where modulation appears. (It should be
> qam_256 for digital cable: in mysql:
>
> select modulation from dtv_multiplex;
>
> Geoff

I was in mythtv-setup and I noticed that both my HD-5500 NTSC and PVR-350
were being assigned to /dev/video0. I know I can add something to
/etc/modprobe.d/aliases to assign hardware to a specific devices. Does
anyone know what I might put to fix this? Also when I originally went to get
NTSC working I only had an analog listing in my zap2it account and I only
setup my HD-5500 card with one input going to the NTSC connection and
nothing to the ATSC side of the card in setup.

TK