[mythtv-users] will Nova-T 500 work?

Frank Mckinney krush_groove83 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 19:57:46 UTC 2007

Hi all, soon-to-be new user here...

I'm building up a system and in an enthusiastic impulse eBaying spree I purchased a Nova-T 500 tuner card without doing a lot of research if it will work or not. In doing much reading after I got the card I've found out the 500 is from an older generation of cards, and the preferred Hauppage card seems to be the PVR 350 or 150. So basically I'm just checking of the Nova-T 500 will be okay, relatively easy to set up, etc.?

I haven't even started building up the system yet but this is what I'm planning for phase one of the MythTV box:
AMD Sempron 2600+
Hauppage Nova-T 500 ??
384mb of RAM (PC133)
250w P/S
Ubuntu Linux

Not truly impressive specs but everything apart from the CPU and tuner card was free (yay Freecycle!). I'm hoping to make the MythTV box a backend and use an Xbox system as a frontend. Which brings to mind my next question for another post...

Anyway, I'd really appreciate if anyone can point me to a guide, walkthrough, etc., about using the Nova-T 500, or just tell me simple 'yes, it will work' :)

If it matters, I'm in the UK and planning to connect everything to either a Freeview aerial (one reason for the Nova-T 500) and/or a Sky digibox...

Cheers,
Frank

http://mail.yahoo.com