[mythtv-users] Commercial use of the list, was: Drive specs best for Myth

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Apr 23 16:23:57 UTC 2007

Lee Koloszyc wrote:
> Yan Seiner wrote:
>> Also, sometimes I get a very, very long pause at the beginning of
>> playback - 15 seconds or so.  It's as if something somewhere has to fill
>> a large cache very slowly....
>>
> I also have this probably, but on every recording, video and even DVD
> playback.
> It seemed to show up around the time of .20 for me.  I've tried
> everything to fix it.
> More on topic I run XFS filesystem on my machine with one SATA and one
> ATA drive LVM'ed
> and am able to record 1 1080i, 1 SD, and watch a 1080i wihout a hiccup
> (except that initial 15 sec delay) on an Athlon 3200+
> with an Nforce 3 motherboard.
>
> Also I doubt SATA will make that much of a difference, most of it comes
> down to the speed of the disk itself and the amount of cache on the drive.
>
> Lee

> Discover the new Windows Vista
> http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=windows+vista&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE

Come on, don't you think transmitting a Vista ad to this group is a
little over-the-top as far as bad taste ? Especially one keyed to reveal
the source if anyone here was idiotic enough to click on the link?

Those "free" email services are not free, you and everyone you
communicate with pays for them.