[mythtv-users] Drive specs best for Myth

Lee Koloszyc teething12 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 23 16:14:42 UTC 2007

Yan Seiner wrote:
> Also, sometimes I get a very, very long pause at the beginning of
> playback - 15 seconds or so.  It's as if something somewhere has to fill
> a large cache very slowly....

I also have this probably, but on every recording, video and even DVD
playback.
It seemed to show up around the time of .20 for me.  I've tried
everything to fix it.
More on topic I run XFS filesystem on my machine with one SATA and one
ATA drive LVM'ed
and am able to record 1 1080i, 1 SD, and watch a 1080i wihout a hiccup
(except that initial 15 sec delay) on an Athlon 3200+
with an Nforce 3 motherboard.

Also I doubt SATA will make that much of a difference, most of it comes
down to the speed of the disk itself and the amount of cache on the drive.

Lee