[mythtv-users] mythvideo file ordering weirdness

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Mon Apr 23 09:36:23 UTC 2007

I use mythvideo a lot. I have a lot of ripped tv series, each season in a
folder.

I use list view in preference. Usually most characters in the title are
shown.

Now, for example,  a directory listing of season 2 of SG-1 looks (in part)
like this:

Stargate SG-1 [2x01] The Serpent's Lair.avi
Stargate SG-1 [2x02] In the Line of Duty.avi

The season & ep are near the start of the filename and the episodes are
nicely ordered when listing them.

However when listed in mythvideo the bits inside the [ ] are omitted,
meaning that the order becomes jumbled, so the above two files would
appear as:

Stargate SG-1 In the Line of Duty
Stargate SG-1 The Serpent's Lair

This annoying me and it only seems to have started today, although it
*could* be related to the switch to 0.20.

None of these are in the database, I prefer to simply let mythvideo browse
the directories. It certainly didn't happen in the old 0.19 setup.

--
Nick Rout