[mythtv-users] Change XMLTV grabber's identifier (agent)

Alterne alterne at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 08:31:33 UTC 2007

Hi falks,

Sorry for the long first message where i'll try to introduce myself and my
problem.

I have decided to migrate my multimedia server on Linux. I'm currently using
BeyondTV and MediaMonkey on Windows XP SP2, and, well, it su**. All other
boxes i use are Ubuntu or Fedora powered so my Linux knowledge are at
"experimented user" level.

I've choose MythTV/Ubuntu Feisty as my next multimedia center
(TV/Video/Music) so be prepared to answer a few basic questions in the next
times ;.)) Thanks in advance !

My first problem is not exactly Myth oriented but comes out of the Myth's
wiki, so ...

First, i need a reliable XMLTV source : tv_grab_ch_bluewin is not working
and i've found that <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XMLTV_CH> in the
WIKI <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XMLTV_CH> : looks like the only
problem is the agent declared. Unfortunately, i don't understand the wiki's
explanations : where am i supposed to find this  $ua  variable ?

Thanks

Narsil