[mythtv-users] Where best to adjust color and how to test

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Mon Apr 23 02:10:32 UTC 2007

Thanks for the reply. More interleaved.

On Sun, April 22, 2007 6:26 pm, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 22/04/07, Lan Barnes <lan at falleagle.net> wrote:
>> My playback is too red-yellow. The docs that I've seen say I can adjust
>> for this at the recording side or the playback side. Is one "better"? Is
>
> Do you see this colour inbalance on all channels, and when playing
> back non-PVR-150 material/DVDs?

Yes, it's about equal on all channels.

> A great feature of analog recording in MythTV is being able to specify
> colour settings for each channel's recordings. If non-recorded
> playback is normal, you may find that different channels require
> different colour level settings to get more optimal recordings. If you
> adjust the playback settings for your particular display, you lose
> this fine-grained tuning, and also affect all playback.

Good to know

>> there a test to determine which is off? Burn a DVD and play it in a DVD
>> player? Compare the playback on a remote front end? Anything?

I have determined that it's in the output, not the recording. I played
live TV on another PC's front end after adjusting the color on the
primary. It was way washed out. I restored the default adjustments, and
the alternate front end was fine. I have concluded that my old nVidia card
is the thing that needs adjusting. I'm exploring in that direction, but
it's tricky since the nVidia apparently forked, and I believe I need the
old stuff.

Any helpful URLs would be appreciated.

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer