[mythtv-users] recodrding composite in - no audio recorded

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 20:14:15 UTC 2007

After searching the wiki and the archives, I can't find why I can't
record audio (from audio-in of the mobo's audio) when I'm successfully
recording video from composite-in.

Here's what I've done:

* I created a new video input - composite in - from my PVR-250. When
switching to this input ("Y") in live TV I see the video coming in from
the composite in input. That seems fine.
* Stopping mythbackend, I've successfully confirmed that audio is indeed
coming into the audio line-in to the built in mobo audio (I don't have a
separate audio card on this system). The audio recording is fine.

But, I don't hear audio when watching the composite-in video.

I (wrongfully?) assumed that when in MythTV switches from the tuner
input (PVR-250) to composite input, that MythTV would switch audio input
as well - from the tuner to the line-in of the mobo audio.

Is there a setting for this? If so, I didn't find one in the docs, nor
in the mythtv-setup.

thanks much!

brad