[mythtv-users] Installing my pchdtv-5500 working..

Dan Hopkins dshopkins at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 22 20:07:02 UTC 2007

Thomas Kessler wrote:
> I don't do OTA, but I do use QAM-256 on my HD-5500. Make sure you
> removed the cx88-blackbird driver and loaded the cx88-dvb and cx8800.
> Once you get your scanned channels from dvbscan, copy the dumped
> output to a file called "~/.azap/channels.conf". Use azap to tune a
> channel by typing something like this:
>
> azap -r KTBW-D1
Just to verify...

when I run azap -r <CALLSIGN>

I simply get:

[root at localhost dvb-atsc-tools-1.0.4]# azap -r KONG-DT -d0
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
ERROR: error while parsing Video PID (not a number)

trying this on all of the callsigns yeilds the same result, also tried
using -d1 no difference

Now if understand this..the scan must have parsed PIDs to even discover
the Channels correct? or course my signal could have since gone to
crap..but surely not for all of the channels...

My channels.conf.
KTBW-D1:473000000:8VSB:0x31:0x34:0x03
KTBW-D2:473000000:8VSB:0x41:0x44:0x04
KTBW-D3:473000000:8VSB:0x51:0x54:0x05