[mythtv-users] General dual Tuner (different Tuning Space question)

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 19:06:38 UTC 2007

I'm doing the same thing (with a PVR-150 and air2pc), and I also have
no issues pulling the line-up from zap for the cable stuff.  But the
ATSC OTA stuff still isn't getting data.

I think I see what you mean, when you do setup, and try to import the
listings from zap, it does nothing.  You have to scan instead, and
I've not been able to see what happens after you scan because I have a
different problem...

The cable tuner is fine. The ATSC tuner is installed, the system sees
it and I think the driver is right (not sure).  But the ATSC isn't
working for me yet, but I blame my lack of antenna!  I ordered one,
but it is coming about a week after the card itself.  I tried a piece
of coax to a coat hanger out of desperation, but my scans still get
nothing.

I tried this command also:
scan -A 1 /usr/share/doc/dvb-utils/examples/scan/atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB

(which wouldn't go until I ran:
/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend stop
which tells me MythTV is grabbing hold of the tuner at least)

It didn't seem to see any channels at all.  Not shocked...  Hopefully
that changes when my antenna gets here.

I think your about 1-2 days ahead of me on the same project!  So, if
you get it working, please say how :-)