[mythtv-users] Lirc woes on Ubuntu Fesity Fawn

Dave squilla.dave at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 15:23:04 UTC 2007

re the usb error: google gave this:
http://www.patriotmemory.com/support/partitionp.jsp. Set the size 0 of
the secure area on the machine whith Windows and the device will work
properly.
is the usb on a hub?

ok
I'm a total amateur at this stuff so don't be suprised if I'm way off.
I tend to bang away in a generalised sort of way at problems, as
opposed to th esurgical approach so bear with me :-)
Did  "sudo modprobe -r -v lirc_i2c" successfully remove the modules?
If it did I suggest reloading them while running "tail -f
/var/log/messages" and hope for information
Have you looked on the Ubuntu community site for help re lirc?

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/FrontPage

the other option is to remove the feisty lirc_i2c installation and
install the latest driver by hand