[mythtv-users] QAM64 vs. QAM256

Geoff Mishkin gmishkin at acs.bu.edu
Sun Apr 22 15:13:24 UTC 2007

I've been trying to get the digital part of my roommate's pcHDTV HD-5500
to cooperate for a couple of months now.  I have an HD-3000 which works
fine with QAM256, but with his, the signal strength would remain at 0
when I try to scan QAM256.  I recently inadvertently scanned QAM64 and
to my amazement, all the channels showed up!

We are both connected to the same cable system, and are behind the same
splitter.  We are both on kernel 2.6.20.  I was wondering if someone
could provide an explanation for the apparent two different modulations
on the same piece of wire.

             --Geoff Mishkin <gmishkin at bu.edu>