[mythtv-users] Trouble removing ads with mythtranscode (again) - wiki is wrong?

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 10:01:46 UTC 2007

Mine kept failing too, until I changed
Setup->TV Settings->Recording Profiles->Transcoders->Autodetect from MPEG2
to use Codec MPEG-4 insted of RTjpeg.

Then it worked great, and reduced the file sized very well on the
final product also.

But then... I screwed it up pretty bad again, by changing the settings
in there for "Maximum Quality" and "Minimum Quality" and now all my
video looks as crappy as something streaming on YouTube!!!  I thought
turning the numbers up would increase quality of output, but I just
got everything all screwed up in there....

So, if someone would kindly go to:
Setup->TV Settings->Recording Profiles->Transcoders->Autodetect from MPEG2
change from the default use Codec of RTjpeg to MPEG-4, and then
(without changing anything from the defaults) tell me what the umbers
are for...

Bitrate:
Maximum quality:
Minimum quality: