[mythtv-users] Myth using xine not mplayer

Lord Darkhelmet lord_darkhelmet at accesscomm.ca
Sat Apr 21 16:36:10 UTC 2007

Myth is setup under "Utilities / Setup -> Setup -> Media Settings ->
Videos Settings -> Player Settings"  to use mplayer  -  mplayer -fs
-zoom -quiet -vo xv %s
but whenever I start playing a video (mpeg4 in avi container)  xine is
the player that starts up and plays it.  Why would use a program that is
not assigned as the default?   Mplayer is installed correctly as I can
play any video with mplayer from command line.  Any ideas ?

Dean.