[mythtv-users] HVR-11 analogue?

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Sat Apr 21 08:02:12 UTC 2007

Nick Rout wrote:
> I have a friend who has two of these cards. They are dual DVB-T /
> analogue cards. He does NOT want to use the DVB-T stuff as yet, only the
> analogue.
>
> Myth gives him video but no audio. I have found this page
> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_HVR_1100 which suggests that there is a
> problem with the audio output of these cards in that "sound goes through
> the PCI bus, which is not something Analog TV apps are used to."
>
> Does anyone have any up to date advice on getting these card to work
> properly in myth?

I have an HVR3000, which sounds kind of similar, but it is
analog/DVB-T/DVB-S.  To get audio from the analog part of the card, you
need to have the cx88_alsa module loaded.  This gives you an extra
/dev/dspX device.  Then you just configure this as the audio source in
MythTv.

If you are using something like XawTv to test, you need to run arecord
{ars} > aplay to get sound to work in a terminal window.

Robert.