[mythtv-users] Creating the Mythtv database

craig32 at mts.net craig32 at mts.net
Sat Apr 21 01:04:18 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am a Linux and Mythtv newbie and I am having trouble setting up the Mythtv database.  I looked for a solution to my problem in the archives but was unable to find one.  If there was a solution there that I missed I apologize for taking up your time.  I am running Fedora 6 and following J.Wilson's How-To web pageMy problem is as follows;

I am able to enable MySQL at system startup and set the MySQL root password without a hitch.  However, when I try to create the MythTV database I get the following

[mythtv at localhost ~]$ mysql -u root -p < /usr/share/doc/mythtv-0.20/database/mc.sqlbash: /usr/share/doc/mythtv-0.20/database/mc.sql: No such file or directory

Obviously I need to create this directory.  How is this done

Thanks for your help in advance

Craig