[mythtv-users] Joost

Cecil Watson cwatson at linkline.com
Fri Apr 20 23:30:17 UTC 2007

> I still think that the MythTV platform has missed an opportunity to
> build a community approach to watching tv that allowed simultaneous chat
> and interaction between all users when watching the same show. (Kind of
> what I was pitching 2 years ago when we killed the
> www.Cognation.net/Cablecard3 <http://www.cognation.net/Cablecard3> project)
How can you state this, when the source is Open?  Did you contribute
code to allow the above?  Pitching is one think, contributing is
another.  Who says Joost will be successful where others have failed?
Just because it is "really really cool", doesn't mean anything.  If
Joost does release a Linux client, all one needs is a menu entry for it
in MythTV and that is that.

Kind regards,

Cecil