[mythtv-users] reported runtimes are 4-5 minutes short for a single channel

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Fri Apr 20 21:09:38 UTC 2007

Hello,

Recently, reported runtimes for one channel (CBS received OTA here in the
Los Angeles, CA area) have consistently been 4-6 minutes shorter than
the time it was set to record for.  So, if I have a rule that recorded
CBS for 1 hour the reported runtime would be 54-55 minutes.  The entire
show will have been recorded.

I have seen where some people have recommended running 'mythcommflag
--rebuild' because they suspect the seek table is inaccurate.  I tried
this but the reported runtime remained the same.

This problem happens on all recordings on this one channel.  All other
recordings on other channels have correct runtimes.

I get CBS OTA using an HDHomerun.  Mythtv is compiled and is a very
recent SVN version.  HDHomerun firmware is 20070320.

As far as I can tell nothing out of the ordinary is in the mythtv logs.

--
seth / @sethdaniel.org