[mythtv-users] storage groups with a slave backend

Geoff Mishkin gmishkin at acs.bu.edu
Fri Apr 20 20:04:16 UTC 2007

He said it was also a slave backend, so recordings that are made on the
slave would have to be stored on the master.  To do this I think you do
need NFS mounted central storage, with the Master Backend Override
option on.  According to the wiki:

If enabled, the master backend will stream and delete files if it finds
them in the video directory. Useful if you are using a central storage
location, like a NFS share, and your slave backend isn’t running.

But I think you're right that for using the machine as just a frontend,
not a slave backend, you don't need the video directory mounted.  The
master backend will stream shows even if they were recorded on another
backend.

             --Geoff Mishkin <gmishkin at bu.edu>