[mythtv-users] storage groups with a slave backend

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 19:49:36 UTC 2007

On 4/20/07, Matt <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Quick question for you...
>
> - I have a master backend that has two local drives mounted, each
> drive is a storage group
> - I'm adding a slave backend/frontend that has a tuner, but I do not
> want to use any local diskspace.  I want it to use the same disks and
> storage groups on the master backend.
>
> 1) Do I need to do anything on the slave backend in order to configure
> it to point to these groups?  Do I need to configure the storage
> groups in mythtv-setup on the slave?  Do I need to mount the drives
> via NFS?  Anything else?
>
> Thanks!
> Matt

You shouldn't have to do anything.  Just setup the slave backend like
normal and you should be fine.  You dont have to have the files
mounted over nfs just for playback.  I could be wrong, but i believe
that on a slave backend you will need to have the shows mounted via
nfs if you want to comm flag or transcode them.

-Bill