[mythtv-users] OTA signal strength Q

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Apr 20 15:13:40 UTC 2007

Craig Treleaven wrote:
> At 9:36 PM -0700 4/19/07, Yan Seiner wrote:
>
>> ... The BT878 can only pull in about 5-7 channels.
>>
>> ... 2 directional antennas -> 2x1 splitter -> 6dB 1x2 amp -> one leg to
>> Myth, other leg to TV each leg is then split again at the box for digital and analog tuners
>>

> Pournelle's Law: Cables do matter. When something doesn't work, always check the cables and their connectors first.

Yeah, that's what it points to, but I have to spend about an hour
crawling through my attic to rerun the cable, so I figured I'd ask here
first....

It's also weird that it would happen at changeover; it is possible that
the cable was just flaky enough that handling it broke it...

Anyone know of a way to get a signal strength meter cheap?

--Yan