[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not running

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Apr 20 14:19:04 UTC 2007

On 04/20/2007 09:50 AM, Trampas wrote:
> From:  Michael T. Dean
>> On 04/19/2007 08:52 AM, Trampas wrote:
>>> I am using an SVN version of Myth for several weeks I have noticed that the SVN version of myth does not seem to call mythfilldatabase. Is this a know problem and is there a workaround?
>> From your e-mail I'm guessing that you're using DataDirect, right?
>> Have you enabled, "Run mythfilldatabase at time suggested by the
>> grabber?"  When you say, for several weeks, can you be more
>> specific--i.e. is this something that just started happening (or not
>> happening, as the case may be) on April 16th (3 days ago), or has it
>> been going on for longer?
>>
>> Can you post the output of:
>>
>> SELECT * FROM housekeeping;
>> SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value LIKE 'mythfill%';
>>
>> and what SVN revision you're using (and please verify that it's SVN
>> trunk and not SVN 0.20-fixes branch).
>>
>> Also, if it's been happening for longer than 3 days and you're running a
>> version that's older than 3 days, you may not see the issue if you
>> upgrade to current SVN head.
> I am using the SVN trunk and updated it about 2 weeks ago, and yesterday. I
> do have run mythfilldatabase enabled and it shows in the backend status:
>
> "Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2007-04-19 08:51 and ended on
> 2007-04-19 08:51. mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new data into
> the Guide. This can indicate a potential grabber failure."
>
> If I run mythfilldatabase from command line it works perfect.

And the information I asked for from your DB?  Without it, I can't tell
you what's happening.

If all you're concerned about is the "mythfilldatabase ran, but did not
insert any new data into the Guide" message, that's usually nothing to
worry about.  As a matter of fact, it happens most often when a user
runs mfdb from the command line (for some reason--like because he
believes it's not working automatically).  Then, when it runs
automatically, there's no new data inserted (because the manual run got
all the new stuff), so it warns you.

It also occurs every once in a while without "provocation" just due to
the fact that no new guide data has been made available since you last
downloaded.

And, please don't top post.

Mike