[mythtv-users] Motherboard help

Alan Calvert cal at graggrag.com
Fri Apr 20 14:01:44 UTC 2007

Dag Nygren wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> My ears are getting tired listening to the noise from my Shuttle
> and I am getting myself a new system. Now I wonder if anyone out
> there has been able to find a motherboard with the following specs:
>
> - Dual core processor (As cool as possible)
> - Intergrated Geforce display controller (pref. DVI out)
> - Optical S/PDIF  on the back.
> - As many PCI slots you possible can get on a mATX board
>
> Doesn't seem too difficult, does it?
> But I haven't really been able to locate a board that fulfils all
> of the above specs.
>
> Any hint appreciated

This is one I've been considering, with similar criteria to yours. It
takes Athlon X2 (inc the 65W version), has _5_ pci slots, but only
AGPx8 video. But then there's very good (and cheap) agp nvidia cards
around. It's not real new as far as I can tell, and I'm struggling to
actually source one in Aus ... dunno.

<http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=AM2NF3-VSTA>

cheers.