[mythtv-users] Motherboard help

Robert Logan bert at p3rf3ct.com
Fri Apr 20 13:19:21 UTC 2007

Hmmm - the 35W Athlon X2 3800 is nice and
painfully quiet - and you can use a passive
cooler ... silent effectively .. if youve got
the space.

Plenty of X2 motherboards out there too.

I would forget the hiperspeed processors even
if your planning to do Hidef cos itll be the
gcard that will do the job effectively.

On top of the passive CPU you could use an
onboard VGA/ DVI and it would be down to
the power supply making noise, again you can
get noiseless ones