[mythtv-users] mythwelcome and backend suspend clash

S2 s2.akira at tin.it
Fri Apr 20 07:08:41 UTC 2007

Karl Buckland wrote:
> S2 wrote:
>> karl at digital-end.com wrote:
>>> Unfortunately, when I also use mythwelcome, the computer freezes
>>> Any ideas?
>> I think I had your same problem, but my mythwelcome hard freezed my box
>> before shutdown[1].
>> I was using Ubuntu Edgy, and after updating to Feisty the problem went
>> away, so I guess it was the combination of Qt libs, openchrome driver,
>> kernel version and whatever that crashed my pc when using mythwelcome.
>>

> So without mythwelcome it worked fine?

Yes. Stable like a rock. But when mythwelcome was running it hardlocked
the computer at random intervals.

> I'm tempted to upgrade to Feisty,
> but it seems reasonable to me that the problem must be in mythwelcome,
> because the backend suspends and resumes fine without it?

That is what I think as well, and I tried to debug the problem in
mythwelcome, but never got to a solution.
But as I sad, after upgrading to Feisty the problem went away, and
mythwelcome works fine again.