[mythtv-users] What to do when you can't remember the password for mysql

Yann Lehmann aristide at tiscali.ch
Fri Apr 20 06:25:04 UTC 2007

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:

> Am I scrod?  Can anyone tell me how to re-gain root access to my mysql
> database?

AFAIK, you can edit the configuration file of mysql in a way, that it
bypasses security (and doesn't ask for any password).

You can then change the root password, and afterwards set the security
settings back.

I don't remember the exact way, but googling with something like that 'lost
root password mysql' should lead you to the right place(s).

Yann