[mythtv-users] Myth web forward

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 05:50:47 UTC 2007

I am trying to use Jarod's guide to set up mythweb so when i put my machines
name in the address bar it takes me right to mythweb.

Here are his instructions:

Personally, I don't plan on using the web server on this box for anything
> *but* MythWeb, so I opted to move everything in /var/www/html/mythweb/ to
> /var/www/html/ and remove the mythweb folder, so I get to MythWeb with just
> http://htpc/ (htpc is the hostname for MythTV box). Alternatively, Zachary
> Hamm suggests creating an index.php file in /var/www/html/, containing the
> following to achieve the same effect:
> <?php header("Location: /mythweb"); ?>
>
> This works better for those who also run other web-based apps on their
> MythTV box (like phpMyAdmin, for example), and keeps the apache doc root a
> bit tidier.

I want to use the php forward method.  But when i do all I see is a blank
white page.  If i run "/usr/sbin/setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect=1"
like the guide says it says that SELinux is disabled (what i want)

Why is it doing this?  If i remove the index.html file I see the Apache test
page.  And if i put the /mythweb after the address i can use mythweb.

[root at Mitchell_mc html]# ls
> mythweb
> [root at Mitchell_mc html]# echo "<?php header("Location: /mythweb"); ?>" >
> index.html
> [root at Mitchell_mc html]# ls
> index.html  mythweb
> [root at Mitchell_mc html]#