[mythtv-users] OTA signal strength Q

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Apr 20 04:36:57 UTC 2007

OK, I've got a question...

I recently replaced my PVR150 with a BT878 card.

The PVR150 could pull in about 15-20 channels.

The BT878 can only pull in about 5-7 channels.

Well, that could be the difference between tuners.

What's really weird is that the pchdtv3000 also went from getting about
15 channels to about 8.

I've checked everything I can think of, and the reception on the TV is
better than ever, but the backend only sees about 1/2 the channels of
the TV...

My setup is as follows:

2 directional antennas -> 2x1 splitter -> 6dB 1x2 amp -> one leg to
Myth, other leg to TV

each leg is then split again at the box for digital and analog tuners

Cable lengths are identical in both legs

Is it possible that the bt878 is either a) sucking up or b) not sucking
up enough signal to either a) drop or b) saturate the pchdtv card?

Any other explanation?

--Yan