[mythtv-users] Distros [OT]

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Apr 20 04:21:16 UTC 2007

Stroller wrote:
> On 19 Apr 2007, at 16:48, David Campbell wrote:

>>> But for day to day stuff it's hard to beat this Mac :-)
>> If I wanted BSD I'd use BSD and it wouldn't have case insensitive
>> shell ;)
>
> You appear not to have used Macs since 10.2 or 10.3. I recall at one
> time using CpMac & MvMac commands from the Developer Tools CD,
> however the currently-default shell is Bash and before that it was (I
> think) tcsh. It is true that the HFS+ filesystem is by default case-
> insensitive, but you can now choose otherwise at the time of creating
> the FS.

Yes, the default shell is BASH, and I didn't understand the comment
about case-insensitivity, as mine works just fine.

I actually got the Imac cheap for the display, figuring to just use it
as an X-Terminal, but I've discovered that some of the Apple apps are
not too bad.

AppleMail is a bit dated, however, and I think I will have to abandon it
for T'Bird, which I'm trying out now, but I hate to lose the automatic
syncing between my home and iBoook mail account settings (messages are
automatic anyway due to imap).