[mythtv-users] What types of Pinnacle card would be recommended to work well with mythtv

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Apr 20 04:12:23 UTC 2007

Karl Buckland wrote:
> I've had big problems with Pinnacle cards on Windows a few years ago.
> Driver's wouldn't install/detect, etc. The devices simply wouldn't work
> and the software supplied was extremely flakey. Maybe things have
> changed, but if their support on their native windows platform was bad I
> wouldn't have too much hope on Linux.

I've used Pinnacle PCTV frame grabber cards before.  I don't know if
they still make that model.  It worked fine under Linux for composite
video capture as long as you didn't try to use more than four in one
system.  (Don't ask.)  It came with a nice remote and a serial port IR
receiver.  Picture quality was quite good.  However, I didn't try the
tuner so I have no idea if it works under Linux.