[mythtv-users] Fuzzy resolution using LCD monitor to display ordinary NTSC

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 17:38:54 UTC 2007

On 1/10/07, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:

> Confusing composite and component I expect...
>
> --
> Robin Gilks

You surmised correctly. I did mean to say composite.

I still wonder how I may improve the "fuzzy" quality of broadcast TV played
upon a LCD computer monitor. I would think that asking my LCD to display at
640 X 480 whilst playing NTSC captured by the Hauppauge 150 would be do the
trick.

Editing the Modes or Modelines seems like a good place to start. But my
XF86Config-4 file is 325 lines long, and three quarters of those lines are
modeline settings. I simply don't know what is going on in that file or how
to effectively edit it.