[mythtv-users] Cleaning up orphan database records

Astie, Sebastien sastie at us.nomura.com
Thu Apr 19 17:34:19 UTC 2007

If you read carefully, he doesn't have the files in his filesystem.
References to files not in his filesystem are in the database.
So this is not really about orphan files but orphan references in his
DB.
<quote>
I have about 35 records in the database pointing to old LiveTV
recordings that no longer exist on disk.
</quote>

I used that because mythtv didn't clean those references, even after
going through the process of selecting the livetv group and choosing to
delete each file within the frontend.

I know that you are trying to help, but attacking people because you
haven't read carefully is unjustified.