[mythtv-users] SD only Frontend video card advice

Bob spam at homeurl.co.uk
Thu Apr 19 11:44:56 UTC 2007

Matthew Schroeder wrote:
snip
> All I really need at this point is the S-Video out.  I do not need
> additional processing power for this machine (like iDCT offload).  XvMC
> would be nice, but not an absolute requirement.  The CPU I have will be a
> 2.0Ghz Northwood Intel proc with 512mb RAM.

With that cpu SD won't be a problem, just get one with good quality
svideo out, either a PVR 350 or I read somewhere that older nvidias with
separate TV encoder chip are slightly higher quality than the newer
integrated ones (for svideo only) but you'll only get Xv, not XvMC, but
as you say, with non MPEG2 video that doesn't mater.

Good luck, I haven't tried outputting to a TV in ages so this is all old
advice.